Jeroboam Bike Festival
DECLARES TO HAVE READ AND APPROVED THE PRESENT REGULATION JEROBOAM, 2019 EDITION
Art. 1 – Date and Place
Jeroboam is a non-competitive cycling event organized by Free Bike Erbusco in collaboration with 3T Cycling Srl and its selected partners, which will take place on Saturday 21st and Sunday 22nd September 2019 in Erbusco, Brescia, Italy.
Art. 2 – Routes and Departures
Jeroboam has four routes, all non-competitive: 300 km, 150 km, 75 km and 37.5 km.
Each participant has the right to choose the path most suitable and the choice must be indicated at the time of registration. The route selection can not be changed after signing up.
Everyone must rely on the GPS track provided before the departure. The layouts and the GPS tracks of the routes can be consulted on the official website jeroboam.bike.
Art. 3 – Rules of Participation
To participate, Italians must be in possession of a valid sport membership card for the current year issued by the Italian Cycling Federation – F.C.I. – or affiliated with the Italian Cycling Federation for the current year, foreigners must possess a card valid for the current year issued by the Cycling Federation of their nation recognized by the International Cycling Union – U.C.I.
For those who do not have a valid membership card, must activate the “CSI SOCIAL CARD” (cost € 6) which includes the basic daily insurance coverage for Italian Freebike events.
In order to validate the daily insurance coverage to participate in the event, it is mandatory to deliver a valid MEDICAL AGONISTIC CERTIFICATE for the 300 and 150 km rides, NON AGONISTIC for the 75 km one and, for greater protection, for the 37,5 km.
The 37.5 km ride is an eco-friendly ride (maximum controlled speed of 25 km/h, stops every 25 km), it will therefore be the responsibility of each individual cyclists to carry out the appropriate medical checks of sports fitness and have a personal insurance against damage to oneself and to third parties.
The participation in the event is allowed only to those who are eligible for the event and to those who paid the participation fee and delivered a valid Medical Certificate to the organization. During the event, cyclists who are not registered regularly can’t participate, under penalty of expulsion. In the event of an accident they will be held responsible for the damage caused.
Registrations of participants who have been disqualified from their federations or bodies for doping or any other title will not be accepted.
The organization of Jeroboam can, at any time and at its sole discretion, without obligation of further motivation, decide whether or not to accept the registration of anyone.
Art. 4 – Equipment
Participants are required to present themselves at the start of the respective route and use the following equipment appropriately:
- Lights with sufficient charge to last for at least 6 hours (for the 300km route);
- GPS device with sufficient battery to cover the duration of the chosen route;
- Suitable clothing (including waterproof jacket);
- 1.5 litres (or more) of liquids;
- First aid kit;
- Repair kit for faults, punctures and spare parts (brake pads, oil, multitool, pump, dropouts, air chambers, CO2 canisters, false links of the bike chain);
Art. 5 – Safety and respect of the highway code
It is mandatory for all participants to respect the Highway Code.
Art.6 – Payment Methods
The registrations can be purchased directly on-line on the website jeroboam.bike. with the possibility of payment via PayPal, or in cash on the day of the event.
Checks, bank transfers or other forms of payment other than those indicated above will not be accepted.
Art.7 – Substitutions or Waivers
Substitutions of enrolments or postponement of registrations to the following year are not allowed.
If a member is unable to participate in the event, he/she will not be entitled to a refund of the participation fee. The management reserves, however, the right to evaluate, at its own discretion, any case of “impossibility to participate”.
Art.8 – Maximum Hours, Assistance
There is a maximum time to complete the routes, indicated on the website jeroboam.bike.
No health care is provided, except for a doctor S.O.S. for emergencies. There is no mechanical assistance. Assistance from private vehicles is not allowed following the event.
Art.9 – Refreshments and stamps
The list of refreshments (for the validation stamps) will be published on the website of the event.
The control stamps are the only proof of the taken route. They will be put on the Road Book at the start, along the route and upon the arrival.
Art.10 – Complaints
Any complaints must be sent to the organization only by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org within fifteen days following the publication of the list of the arrivals.
Art.11 – Information
Art.12 – Cancellation of the Event
If, due to force majeure, the event does not take place, the amount paid at the time of the registration will not be refunded.
Art.13 – Variations
The organization reserves the right to make changes to the regulations at any time. The website jeroboam.bike. is the only place where official information of the event is given. Therefore all official communications will be made known only through it.
Art.14 – Approval, Consent, Authorization
By asking to participate in Jeroboam in any of the ways provided by this regulation, each participant from the time of the registration:
- Declares to have read and approved the present Regulation and to accept all their parts;
- Declares to have read and approved the present Regulation and to accept all their parts, must not use or be influenced by alcohol, drugs or narcotic substances during the event;
- He/She declares to be in good physical condition and to have delivered to the organization a valid medical certificate after having undergone a medical examination for competitive or non-competitive cycling practice, providing the organization the indemnity for any damage that he/she might suffer as a result of his/hers participation in the event;
- The organization declines all responsibility for itself and its collaborators, for accidents or damage to persons or property, which may occur before, during and after the event or as a result of the same. It also reserves the right to exclude cyclists from the event who will behave incorrectly before, during and after the event.
- Expresses consent to the use of your data, also for commercial purposes, including but not only the publication of the name in relation to the results of the event on the website www.jeroboam.bike, pursuant to art. 13 of Legislative Decree 196/2003 and of the articles 12, 13 and 14 of EU Regulation 679/2016
- It grants the organizers the widest consent to use, in the ways permitted by law, even for profit, of every video or photographic image taken during the days of the event, providing the organization with the right to transfer these images to third parties;
- The aforementioned authorization for the use of one’s own image must be intended for an indefinite period and without territorial limits all over the world, for use in various publications and films, including, but not limited to, promotional materials and / or advertising on all media. The organization may also transfer to third parties and its institutional and commercial partners the rights of use provided for in this agreement.